WELCOME TO SKC CONTINUING EDUCATION
Salish Kootenai College (SKC) Department of Academic Success (DAS) Continuing Education program was established to meet the growing needs and demands of the Tribal Departments and the Flathead Reservation. The purpose of the program is to provide:
Cultural Educational Events
Training Courses or Services
Regular college level credits are not awarded for learning activities, but certain activities are evaluated by a system of uniform CEUs. CEUs are not transferrable to college credits. Units are granted in accordance with the following guidelines.
- One CEU represents 10 contact hours of participation in an organized community education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instructors
- CEU events do not need to last 10 hours. Partial CEUs are awarded for shorter duration events
- The number of units to be awarded is determined by considering the number of contact hours of instruction, or the equivalent, included in the educational activity.
- Reasonable allowance may be made for activities such as required reports, laboratory assignments, field trips, and supervised study.
- Community education, as used in this definition, includes all learning experiences in organized formats that impact noncredit education to individuals who meet participation requirements.
CEUs can be taken for personal or professional enrichment. Examples of professionals who may be required to take CEUs/hours to maintain their certificates(s) or licenses(s) to practice include: Nurses, educators, fitness trainers, ironworkers, electricians, social workers, lawyers, engineers, CPAs, and other professionals.